Vegan crab cakes are a delicious and healthy alternative to traditional crab cakes. Made with king oyster mushroom, chickpeas, nori sheets and a range of seasonings. These crab cakes are full of flavor and perfect for any occasion. Serve with a side of tartar sauce or vegan aioli for the perfect appetizer or entree. Try this recipe today and see for yourself how delicious and easy vegan cooking can be!
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 300 g king oyster mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 2 nori seaweed, shredded
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 cup of diced celery
- 1 tbsp capers (with a tbsp of caper brine)
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp vegan friendly Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of all-purpose seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- In a saucepan over medium heat, add coconut oil and oyster mushrooms. Toss mushrooms in pan for a couple minutes until they start to get crispy. Remove from saucepan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mash chickpeas with a fork.
- Add vegan mayonnaise, nori sheets, garlic powder, onion powder, celery, capers, parsley, dill, Dijon, worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and 1 flax egg (ground flax seed and water mixed).Mix together well.
- Put to rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove mixture from the fridge and form into 5/6 patties.
- Heat a skillet with coconut oil over medium heat.
- Cook patties for on each side until golden brown.